Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Burden of Blogging

I find it odd. Normally I have too many thoughts in a given day to even keep track of. Actually I think my plight in life is that I all too often don't keep track of my thoughts. However, I have found that with this new blog I have very little to say at the moment.
The bigger issue is that now I feel burdened to post thoughts. Here I am, committed to making my thoughts known to the world, yet more apprehensive than I would normally be at doing so. I think part of it is that now I feel burdened to have the right thing to say. Not just a thing to say. I feel as though the thoughts that I share should be profound.
This might seem pointless...and in a since I suppose it is. But I find significance in the greater scheme of life. Whenever we commit to actually doing something, that task always seems more daunting. Suddenly it is a burden to us because we now have responsibility for it. When we accept something officially, its success or failure is determined by us.
For me, in this very limited instance, I have committed to blogging my thoughts to the world. Because of this, I now have an obligation to not share really stupid things to the world (not that I am deluding myself into believing that the world reads this). This is a burden. For others it might be committing to a job. Or committing to a man or woman. Still for others, that commitment might be to God.
See if we commit to God, suddenly we are endowed with responsibility. We are responsible for our actions. We are responsible for our words. We are responsible to share our commitments.
However, just as there are burdens to commitment, there are rewards as well. What are you holding back from committing to?

1 comment:

  1. If you commit to GOD, you have to follow his command, and how you do that is by studying your bible and giving your life to GOD, he will alway be there for you. GOD will help you with what goes on in you life. When you can't go on he will carry you. GOD is awesome. Norma S

    ReplyDelete