Monday, April 23, 2012

Because I'm a Man

Ok. So recently me and the wife have taken it upon ourselves to get in shape. I say taken it upon ourselves as if someone else could possibly get us into shape for us. That won't happen. That being said, we are getting in shape. I love this. I want to be in shape, I miss it. Since soccer, I haven't really be super motivated with the whole exercise thing.

So, yeah, that is awesome. Here is the problem...Interval Training. Basically that is a fancy way of saying that we walk half of the time. Run. Walk. Run. Walk. So on and so forth. Perhaps this is merely my manly pride, but it makes me feel stupid. I know its good for you. Its good for your heart. It is great honestly. Yet I stretch and I prepare to do all this exercising and instead of taking off on a run, I take off on a walk. Albeit a brisk walk. That is important.

Basically, being the manly man that I am, we basically take off like a bat out of...well...the geriatric wing. That is how I feel at least. Like an old woman power walking. Then we finally start running. Then when I start thinking "YES! Man stuff!" We walk again. Boo.

Yeah...Admittedly, this getting in shape is surprisingly difficult for my masculine sensibilities. That seems unlikely doesn't it. Maybe I should carry a boulder as I do my interval training. Or carry an ax with me and cut down trees as I walk briskly by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment