Alright. Intellectually I know that a closed door is God leading in life just as much as an open door is. I know that God closes doors because we are not the right fit for them, they are not the right fit for me/us, and there is a better fit somewhere else. I know that God is in control and that the future of Christianity doesn't hinge on me doing...well, anything I guess.
But, honestly, who cares about knowing stuff intellectually. I am bummed. I really am. Here is the short story: Job that I thought was a pretty sweet opportunity, interview, Thayer didn't get the job.
Ok, obviously this is a pretty common scenario. I'd be willing to guess that you have gone through it. At least something pretty similar to it. Maybe for some of us it wasn't the job, but rather that hot girl that we went on one date with, but she decided to "go with a different candidate." I don't know, but we all have those times when God seems like he accidentally locked us out. Maybe he forget we were going to be swinging by today....
For me, this wasn't the only job I have been considering. It wasn't like this was my last shot at doing what I love. But that doesn't make it suck any less. Really. It doesn't.
So here is my question. Is it okay to be bummed that God closes doors?
What???? Surely you jest. Surely one must always be happy about everything that happens in life. Joyous even.
Often times people will throw out the traditional "God works all things for the good of those who love him." and the "I know the plans I have for you...'s" Of course the intent is to get you to feel anything other than bad.
You know, I get that. I really do. I know that grand scheme of things one turn-down isn't that big of a deal. But honestly I just want to feel a little bummed for a while. I want to be a little upset. Because it really was a letdown. It really was kind of a terrible thing to hear.
So why don't we all agree to allow a little bit of blue in our life. It will just make the reds pop all the more.
No comments:
Post a Comment