You know, I didn't know what to do. For the last few years I have really wanted to get a tablet, but felt like they were all exclusive to the "heathen" market. Where was the tablet that will only appeal to Christians? Well, I am happy to say that Family Christian has finally released the Edifi. Now all the preachers who have have sold their souls to Apple simply for the convenience of the iPad can repent and turn back to this Christian alternative. Finally all of us Christians who want to "in the world, but not of the world" have a way to get on board with the new technology. A way to....
Hmm...as I think about it, maybe releasing a sub-par product several years too late is not the best marketing strategy for Christianity. This tablet has nothing whatsoever that is unique. They say it has a Bible with 27 different translations. True, and it is the same one that my wife downloaded onto her phone for free.
What is wrong with us as Christians? Why do we always feel the need to tap into the success of something else and Christianize it (ie. rip it off). I see this in movies, books, music, and now technology too. COME ON!!
Is it simply an effort to be relevant to today's society? Why not tap into the success of the iPad, Kindle and other tablet devices by making really good apps for those devices. Instead we have tried to make a product that will literally only sell to older Christian people.
Making inferior products and marketing them as "Christian" is terrible pub for Christianity as a whole. There is a reason that Christianity is seen as irrelevant and unoriginal. It's because we usually are.
So let's pride ourselves on being unique. After all, grace is one of the most original ideas ever, and we have a corner on that market.
I agree.
ReplyDelete